Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Saturday, July 26, 2014

Using the Bible To Make Your Point

This morning down at the barbershop there was this big argument going on. Wally Witt, a fellow who has a son what married a girl from Mexico and now lives in California, was fussing about people who are fighting the children coming across the border. He quoted a Bible verse that says something like: Let the little children come unto me and do not hinder them." Bark Bedsome spoke up, "I know that verse and I always figured it was about abortion."
I reckon folks ought to leave the Bible out of political discussion, particularly when they don't really know what they are talking about.


Don't forget to look up my cousin's book on Amazon or Barnes & Noble: Tales of Harper by Malcolm L. Wilkinson.

1 comment:

  1. Uncle Ed says that arguing religion or politics is like having a rasslin' match with yourself. There ain't no way you can win.

    ReplyDelete