Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Friday, June 1, 2012

Cataracts

Well, I done it. I went and got the cataracts removed from my left eye. I know I called 'em cadillacs before, but Dorothy straightened me out on that. I went to Atlanta and stayed with this cousin I got there and used a doctor he recommended. And he were a good one too. It were easier than going to the dentist. Didn't hurt none neither. You do have to put on this little gown and lay yourself down on one of them hospital cots. They come in and the putting to sleep doctor comes in and asks a bunch of questions. In fact ever body asks a bunch of questions, pretty much the same questions over and over. They want to be careful to get ever thing just right. When they ready they takes your little cot and rolls it into another room what has a lot of big machines hanging from the ceiling and I think the putting to sleep doctor knocks you out for just about two minutes--a time you don't even remember about, except they said it were gonna happen in the little sheet they handed out when you first come in--and then the eye doctor takes care of the cataract and slips in a little lens so you can see real good when he's through. Today, one day after the surgery, I went in for a checkup and they said ever thing were real good and I was seeing what they calls 20:20. And that's about as good as we 'sposed to see. Thank you doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment