Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Four Sisters


I been thinking about them Chandler girls. They was from a different kind of family; different for Harper anyway. Their mamma and daddy were from one of the first families to settle in Harper and--for the most part--they lived their life the way they wanted to. That may not sound like much but in Harper that ain't easy to do. The girls was Clara, Margaret, and Agnes. I know that's only three 'cause there was only three natural born Chandler girls. The number four sister warn't really no kin to them at all. She were the daughter of their old-time maid and she came to be a sister by what I call a gradual process. Now that's a pretty good story, but it ain't the main thing I want to tell about. Each one of the sisters had her own story to tell and since they're all dead and gone now, I reckon I am gonna be the one to tell all about it. Next time I'll tell about Clara.

No comments:

Post a Comment