Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Friday, July 13, 2012

Amateur Artist

That boy, Charles Chandler, come to be a person what I talked to a lot while he were here in Harper. Like y'all know he were kicked out of Ole Miss for getting drunk and knocking down a statue of a confederate soldier what were a landmark on the campus. Me and Charles got to talking when he come into my welding shop. I made little works of art (deers to stake our on lawns, monkeys to hang from low-lying limbs, herons to stand on one leg out beside the lake) when peoples asked me to. Charles wanted to be creative, but he just were a few quarts too low to reach that goal. He brung some of the stuff he were drawing up for me to look over and he never come back to pick them up. At least when he come back he never asked to get them back. I am using some of them to show what he thought things looked like in around the old Chandler house. Today is one of his Aunt Marguerite, the one that were really named Margaret, but changed over to Marguerite when she moved off to the Canary Islands.

No comments:

Post a Comment