Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

First Stop on Our Trip

We's back. Me and Dorothy had the time of our life on our wedding trip. I'm gonna tell y'all all about it over the next few weeks. I ain't gonna be able to come on this blog-thing ever day like I use to do, Hollis being in school and all. But we hope to post ever week or maybe more often.
Our first stop was supposed to be Los Angeles. But I didn't care much about going there. They said I would be able to see Hollywood and I said ever body I wanted to see in Hollywood were dead: John Wayne, Bob Hope, Bing Crosby, Jimmy Steward, Betty Grable. I wanted to go to San Francisco to show Dorothy were they taken me after I come home from Korea with froze feets. And I hadn't got to see none of it anyway 'cause all I seen were the inside of a hospital room. Dorothy had already seen Hollywood, so off we was to San Francisco. My friend, Willie, told me if I were going to San Fran. I had to try the Rice-A-Roni. He said, "After all it is the San Francisco treat." Me and Willie is always funning around like that.
San Francisco is a beautiful place, one of the prettiest places you'll ever see, but the peoples out there is about as strange as they come. Next time I'll tell y'all about this man we seen on the street what was acting out things without saying a single word.

No comments:

Post a Comment