Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Monday, October 17, 2011

Muir Woods and the Wine Country

Deer in Muir Woods
Grapes what they makes wine with
One of the tricks we brung with us to California is we left our watches set to Harper time. That way we was always two hours ahead of all them peoples out there. I had heard from somebody what went out there a year or so ago that the best place for breakfast were a place called Sears. I told him that's where I bought my tires in Jackson and he said it warn't nothing like that Sears. Anyway we got there bright and early with our watches set the way they was. I just got what I were use to eggs and bacon; they didn't have no grits. Dorothy are more adventuresome so she got a seafood omelet. She give me a taste and I will say it were good. Next we drove up to this place called Muir Woods. They got trees in that place that look like they reach the sky. And they is about as old as dirt. We would have stayed longer but we had a late night flight to Hawaii. And we still had to drive through the wine country. Now I've had wine but I ain't never had none made with grapes. We make it with strawberries and muskadines. They have what they calls wine tasting counters and these peoples what seem to want you to think they know what they're doing, take a big slug of wine, swish it around in their mouths, and spit it in to this big bowl. Nasty. Kinda glad we was in a hurry.

No comments:

Post a Comment