Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Frying the Turkey

For my part of helping with our Thanksgiving dinner, I'll be frying the turkey. I bought me one of them turkey fryers down a Lowes and got it all set up in the back yard. Then I seen all this stuff on TV about how dangerous turkey fryers can be. They can tip over and spill hot grease all over an innocent bystander. You know what Will Rogers said about innocent bystanders. They is in the most danger of anybody. You always reading in the paper about a innocent bystander getting shot or run over by a speeding car or something. Anyway, another thing what can happen with a turkey fryer can happen when you drop the turkey in the hot oils. They showed one man drop one in and the hot oils come down upon the flames and a ten alarm fire broke out. I got my fryer all propped up with bricks and concrete blocks so it can't tip over. And I created this block and tackle machine over it so I can slowly lower the turkey into it. I hope all y'all will be careful however you cook your turkey. And I hope y'all all will have a happy Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment