Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Monday, August 27, 2012

Hurry Cane

We got a hurry cane, name of Isaac, on his way to visit us. They say we's due some winds and a whole bunch of rain. Lake Harper are in pretty good shape, water wise, but the ponds on both sides of the big house is down a lot and can stand some rains. We just hoping we don't get so much it makes the rivers and creeks rise up between us and town. I ain't too concerned 'bout me and Dorothy cause I got 'round 50 gallons of gasoline in 5 gallon cans and I got 5 generators what I can hook up in case the lights go out. And Dorothy has both pantries well stocked up--the one here at the big house and the one at her cafe. We ready for ole Isaac. I went down to the library and looked up Isaac to see what that name means and I found out it means "he who laughs." I don't like to find out stuff like that 'cause hurry canes ain't nothing to laugh about. Especially since we seen what Katrina done.

No comments:

Post a Comment