Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Sink or Rise Swimming

Now I liked the Olympics, most of it. But what I had trouble with were this thing they call Sink or Rise Swimming; and Sink or Rise Diving. I know it taken a long time and lots of hard work for them girls to get all that straight, but it just don't seem like the same kind of sport (if y'all want to call it a sport) as say, baseball (what they cut out of the games.) It kinda reminds me of them old dance movies what Dorothy likes to watch all the time; them old thirties movies where all them girls dance around and form lines and circles what look like when you look into a Clyde O'Scope. I reckon that little play pretty were invented by Clyde O'Scope hisself and I figure he must come from Ireland 'cause a lot of them peoples has a O' in front of their last name. Anyway I ain't saying much about it around Dorothy cause she are a big fan of the Olympics. She are also a big fan of England. I made the mistake of saying that the beginning night with all them smoke stacks belching soot and all them hospital beds rolling around with sick kids having nightmares were a little sad. She asked me if I would mind watching in the den where I could make all the bad comments I wanted without her having to hear them. And I did go to the den and I rewatched one of my favorites DVD's called The Babe Ruth Story. 

1 comment: