Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

No Bread

Like I was telling y'all me and Dorothy was pretty well set up for the hurry cane what are coming soon. Well, not so fast. Hold your horses. Dorothy decided she needed pump-your-nickel bread for a special kind of sandwich she wants to make up. So off I go in my truck to the Big Deal Super Store to grab a loaf. When I got to the parking lot, I'm here to tell you, I ain't never seen so many cars with Louisiana tags. They all running from New Orleans what flooded so bad with Katrina seven year ago. The store were jam packed with peoples all talking the way them New Orleans folk talk. And the shelves was pretty near empty. When I got to the shelves what held the bread all I seen were one little package of hot dog buns; no real bread, doncha know. Didn't take me to long to decide. I bought 'em.

No comments:

Post a Comment