Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Monday, November 24, 2014

Hollis Makes an Offer (from 2011)


Hollis sprung one on me. He wants to go to London to visit his girlfriend next month. And he wants me to go with him. I told him I ain't never been out of Harper that much and I didn't think so. He said I had been all the way to Korea and London wasn't that far. I told him I hope it wasn't nothing like the time I spent in Korea. Man. I don't reckon there's anyway he can talk me in to getting on a airplane and flying across the ocean just to listen to people talk like they done in that movie Tom Jones. He brung a bunch of books and leaflets for me to look over. And besides, I told him, it was winter and wasn't no time to go gallivanting around the world. I promised him I would look things over. But I ain't going.

Tomorrow: Learning About England


No comments:

Post a Comment