Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Sunday, November 2, 2014

Me and Lou Ann Have a Chat (from Nov 2010)


Me and Lou Ann talked but not in the boat; she ain't too good with water. We was sitting on the porch of the big house on the lake side. There is a little pond to the right and a bigger one to the left. The porch runs all the way around the house, but the lake-side is fixed up with a swing and rocking chairs. We was rocking away and talking a bunch. She told me what a good husband Jack had been. He was kind and considerate and was always telling her how much he loved her. Now, I never would have guessed it. She said she had for years tried to get him to call me or to come for a visit, but he was too ashamed for how he lived when he was young. 

I asked her if she thought he was afraid if he didn't hurry up and come over I might be dead before he did come. And she said she didn't want to say it, but she was sure that was a big reason. Lou Ann told me all their children was good and working hard to raise their families. She showed me pictures and I swear there's something real pretty about that Chinese/English/German/French mixture. They was all beautiful. I hope one day they will all come to Harper to see me.

Tomorrow: Jack and His Family Leave



No comments:

Post a Comment