Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Haircuts

I finally talked Dorothy into giving me a haircut. I ain't been to the barbershop in years. Been cutting my own hair, but it don't look as good as it used to when my hand were more steady like. The main reason I quit going to the barbershop were 'cause of all the talk. Peoples was always talking politics or religion or worse of all, about somebody who warn't there at the time. Ever now and then somebody told about a good time they had hunting or fishing. The last time I sat in a barber's chair, I was just settling down, getting comfortable, waiting for the hum of the clippers to give me the pleasure of a nap, when the barber, a guy named Weedmore, says to me, "You think Red China are going to destroy us." That were enough for me. Even today whenever I look on my face books page and see some political talk, right or left, I hit the hide button. My motto are: Think whatever you want to, but keep it to yourself.
The clippers I show on here was like the ones what was used on me when I were a little shaver. Now I got electrical ones for Dorothy to use on me.

1 comment:

  1. I love the old barber shops. The one in downtown Madison closed. It made me sad. I guess Harvey Lee wouldn't think so.

    ReplyDelete