Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Things Ain't Always What They Seems

I were just walking through the living room of the big house and I seen this little chocolate bunny just sitting on the coffee table. I knowed Dorothy wouldn't want me to eat it 'cause it were set out for the kids to see when they come over for Easter. But them ears was just too tempting and I took a bite. It warn't made out of chocolate. It were some kinda light weight metal and I near 'bout broke out one of my teeth. (I still got all my natural teeth.) It kinda got me to thinking that things ain't always what they seems. Like them pictures of movie stars without makeup you can see when you checking out at the grocery store. I reckon it's a good idea to look a little deeper at things people say and even things you see with your own eyes before you take a big bite. If I had bit down on that little rabbit early in my life it may have saved me a lot of woes.

No comments:

Post a Comment