Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Hollis Goes Off Somewheres With His Girl (from Jan 2011)


Hollis and his girlfriend left early this morning on another walking tour around London. They like to go places that they read about in books even if the books didn't really happen. Today, they was taking a "Saturday" walk and ride where this doctor in this book  by that name went. Hollis wanted to see exactly what the London Flyover was. I ain't got no idea what he's talking about. 

Well, I wasn't supposed to get out on my own but I did anyway. I wasn't gonna get lost again because I used my good noticing skill to remember where I went. I wanted to go down and ride that big wheel. And I did find my way there. I'm getting to understand what peoples are saying better after my time here and I try to talk real clear so they will understand me. On the wheel high up over the city I seen where we was staying and up and down the river they call Tim's River. I met some people in my car on the wheel from Germany and some others from Australia. I told the Australia folks that I did not know Oprah, who took a bunch of folks down there, but me and her both was borned in  Mississippi. I ain't told y'all this, but Hollis printed up a bunch of cards inviting people to tune in to my blog. I handed some out 'cause I has had peoples from all kinds of countries looking in. That makes me real happy. 

Hollis had a big surprise when he come home. He had got tickets to the opera. We going tonight to see "The Barbershop in Seville."

Tomorrow: The Opera

No comments:

Post a Comment