Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Friday, January 2, 2015

The Other Southerner in London (from Jan 2011)

Sorry for the delay. I been busy trying to eat up all the food Dorothy cooked up. Now, to continue telling about how I got lost on the subway in London.

Lo and behold there was a woman outside that station where I was lost at who heard me talking and walked right up to me and asked me if I was from the South. I was so excited I didn't know what to do. It turned out this lady was from Dublin, Georgia and was in London shopping for a new dining room table. Now ain't that hard to believe. But I didn't care why she was there. I was just glad she was. She heard me asking for help to get back to where we was staying and it just happened she was staying kinda close to us.
She could tell from how I described what was around where we was at. I told y'all I was real good at noticing things. Well, me and that woman, her name was Smith, rode back--we had to change lines just once--to the exact tube stop where I got on earlier that day. She even walked around the corner with me and watched while I climbed up the steps to the building where our flat was at. I waved a thank you and probably will never see her again. 

But if any of y'all know a Mrs. Smith from Dublin, Ga who was shopping for a dining room table in London in January 2011 tell her thanks a heap. She's real nice.

Tomorrow: The Isle of Wight

No comments:

Post a Comment