Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Friday, January 23, 2015

I'm 'bout Ready to Head Home (from Jan 2011)


Last night when we stayed in Rye was the first night we was away from our flat across from the food court. I didn't sleep too good. And today we been riding around the English countryside (on the wrong side of the road.) You gotta pay for everything with what they call pounds and the temperature is called C instead of F and I'm 'bout ready to head home. We got a couple more days because thats what our tickets say.

On the way back to London we went through this little town and peoples was in town shopping around just like they do in Harper. Kinda made me homesicker than I already was. We was hungry so we had what they call tea. It's like a little meal later in the day. One big thing they don't have over here is sweet tea. They drink their tea hot just like it was coffee and put a lot of milk in it. And the sugar comes in little cubes what they call lumps. I don't reckon I would ever get used to that.

We made it back in and I went right over to that food court and got me some good stuff to eat. I ain't gonna tell y'all what it was cause I ain't never heard of it before but it was some kind of fish with a yellowish sauce on it. I have to say it was tasty especially with all them vegetables I got with it.

Tomorrow: Hollis Goes Off Somewhere With That Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment