Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Keen Wa

Quinoa

Don't it sound like a Indian chief or something? Well it ain't. It are a food what Dorothy's got hung up on since she's on this healthy eating kick. I always have ate a lot of vegetables, but was real partial to what Dorothy calls heavy carbs. Them is things like potatoes, white rice, grits, sugar and flour. That pert much tell what I ate ever day of my life. And Dorothy still cooks them things; just not all the time. One of the things we has a lot of now is this quinoa (keen wa.) I can't tell you how many different ways Dorothy has found to cook it. And believe it or not I kinda like it. Never would have thought so. And you know me, I had to go to the Harper Library and look it up. It are a food what the native peoples of Peru started to growing for food. It have a lot of protein and not a lot of them heavy carbs in it. And it kinda fills me up so I don't keep running back to the kitchen for a snack. That way when Dorothy or Myrtis, her helper woman, mops the floor it got time to dry 'fore I walk across to the ice box.

No comments:

Post a Comment