Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Adding Flavor

I kinda like things plain. Like steak; I don't add much besides a little garlic and pepper to make it right for my taste. Some folks drown a good steak in all kinds of sauces. And some people use different kinds of wood chips in their grill to give whatever they are cooking a different taste. I looked it up and found where you can buy about fifteen or twenty kinds of wood chips from apple, pear, and peach to mesquite. Way back in history, so I have read, the Greeks added tree resin to their wine to give it a sappy flavor. They still do and I'll bet it does taste sappy. In Mexico they put a worm in tequila. What's that all about? Like I say, I'm a plain kinda guy, but I'll admit I'm really kinda curious on how a big juicy steak grilled over a peach wood fire would taste. I'll know by tonight.

Tales of Harper, short stories and poems about the fictional town of Harper, Mississippi is available on Amazon Kindle

No comments:

Post a Comment