Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Saturday, June 22, 2013

All You Can Eat

We got a lot of fat people around here, no doubt about that. One of the reasons, I think, is because of the popularity of all-you-can-eat restaurants. Just in this county we got All You Can Eat: Seafood,  Downhome Food, Breakfast, Burgers, Chinese, and Barbecue. No wonder we have so many fatties. Now I'm not for trying to control what and how much people eat, but I do think mirrors going in and coming out of these places should be required by law, so at least people could see what they are doing to themselves.
A few years ago, I was eating at the seafood place and watched a man ahead of me eyeing the large, plastic, red lobster hanging in a net in the back of the food. He looked all around and then quickly put it on his plate. I did not see him trying to eat it because he hurried to a back table and sat with his back to the crowd. My point is, these places not only cause obesity, but also push people toward greed. I do not know what happened to the lobster but it has not been on display since that night.
 Tales of Harper, short stories and poems about the fictional town of Harper, Mississippi is available on Amazon Kindle

No comments:

Post a Comment