Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Baseball and Life

Baseball is a complicated game, just like life. A lot of people think of baseball as a no-brainer, simple sport and some look at life the same way. When you really think about it both require diverse strategies and decisions that effect the outcome of a particular event and eventually the final score. Do I throw this batter a curve; how do I approach an adversary in this situation? How do I line up my defense? Different ballparks have different dimensions. In both baseball and life, spring training is essential to accomplishing a winning season. Both require teamwork. You can figure out other similarities if you want to. There is one big difference I can see and it is a big difference. In baseball you can always say, "Wait till next year."

Tales of Harper, short stories and poems about the fictional town of Harper, Mississippi is available on Amazon Kindle

No comments:

Post a Comment