Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Monday, March 24, 2014

Other People's Skin

This morning I went grocery shopping with Dorothy. There was this little kid there making a scene. It seems he wanted candy or some kind of sweets and his mother was dead set against him having it. He was screaming his head off when this young woman just ahead of us in the checkout line said, "When I have children they will never behave like that." When we were back in my truck I told Dorothy I thought that young woman was all set for a rude awakening. If she did have children there was a better than 50-50 chance she would be dealing was the same sort of situation the mother with the candy craver went through this morning. I said too bad she had never seen Too Kill a Mockingbird or if she had seen it she didn't take to heart one of the most important points Harper Lee laid in front of us.

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view... Until you climb inside of his skin and walk around in it." - Harper Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment