Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Waiting For Perfection

Years ago, I was riding into town with my grandpa in his new '46 Ford, when we came upon an old fellow who had a successful farm just next to Grandpa's. This old man was walking toward town. Grandpa picked him up and in a little teasing manner asked the farmer why he didn't spend a little of his money and buy a car. The farmer replied, "I'm gonna do that, but I'm waiting for them to get 'em perfected."
I feel the same way about TV cable service. Yesterday, I switched service for the fourth time. I have had satellites that went out on cloudy days, cables that failed in the middle of ballgames, and periods of weeks with a dead screen. Last October, I was having a big problem and the company I was using came out, inspected, and said they had connected my cable improperly. They ran a long wire from the street across my yard and to the connection point at the side of my house. A company was supposed to come out and bury the cable post haste. In January I called again and was told it would take a week or so to complete the task. When I called again last week I was told the burial people were so swamped  they would make no promise about coming out. That's when I changed service. Yesterday, the men came out to connect me up and I spend the whole day changing everything around.
This morning, I was telling the guys down at the barbershop about my ordeal. One guy seemed particularly distressed. He said, "Man, I'm glad that burial company don't work for the funeral home."


No comments:

Post a Comment