Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Mixed Greens

We got this new restaurant down by the county line that is run by this woman who was a chef down in New Orleans before the big storm. Her restaurant was flooded out and she moved up here and after a few years opened her place that she calls Health Is Us. Me and Dorothy went there last night and enjoyed (kinda) the servings. Dorothy had the vegetable plate. I figured it would be beans, corn, and tomatoes, but no. When it came out I had to ask what the things on the plate were. Turns out there was kale, parsnips, and chard. And there was a kind of soufflé that had cauliflower as the main ingredient. I got the veggie burger and a mixed green salad. It was okay, I reckon.

I was telling the fellows down at the barbershop about it. Lem Perkins was particularly interested in the mixed greens. He said that once when he was running short on mustard greens he added some collards and the dish turned out real good. I guess that chef from New Orleans ain't the only creative cook around here.


No comments:

Post a Comment