Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Monday, December 22, 2014

Lost in London! (from Jan 2011)


Today didn't turn out too good. Hollis asked me if I would be alright hanging out around the flat for a few hours while he and that girl went on a London walk. He said she had the day off and wanted to go on the Mrs. Dalloway walk. I kept wanting to call her Galloway because we got Galloways in Harper. Ain't never heard of no Dalloways. Anyway Hollis said she was a character in this book and the whole book was about one day in her life. Huh? 

So I told him I would be just fine, but it turned out I wouldn't. After Hollis left I went across the street to look at all the pretty food in that food court. I spent about a hour there and decided I would walk out the other side of the store. That's when I made a big mistake. I seen the entrance to the tube stop and figured I would ride it down one stop and walk back. I got to studying some of the peoples around me and forgot to get off. When I did get off I walked what I thought was up and over to the side going back, but I ended up on a different line somehow. When I  didn't see any signs for the stops that seemed right I finally decided to get off. And you know what I seen when I did get off? A lot of trees and no city buildings. Much as I hated it I had to ask for help. But here's the deal. Nobody could understand a word I was saying and I shore couldn't understand them. Lord help me.

Tomorrow: The Other Southerner in London


No comments:

Post a Comment