Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Monday, April 8, 2013

Country Wedding

We are on our way home from a wedding in North Carolina. It was what you may want to call a country wedding. The bride had on a pretty white dress that came to just above her knees and she had on Pepto Bismol pink cowgirl boots. Her bridesmaids all had boots, all a different color. The groom had a western style suit with a sky blue neckerchief. It was his college color. The groomsmen had a neckerchief with the colors of their school. The flowers were wild flowers and the ceremony was in a barn. I was worried the whole time because they had over a hundred candles burning around all that hay. I was using my best defensive thinking keeping in mind how I would get Dorothy out and also as many of the animals as I could. I forgot to mention they left several animals in their stalls and they sang along with the ceremony. The bride and groom came up on two horses and left on one. But I found out they didn't have to go too far because the groom's truck was parked a short piece down the road. After the hitching (somebody had put a big sign on the door of the barn: THE HITCHING POST,) we were treated to a big outdoor meal. It was like one big pot luck dinner with dozens of casserole dishes filling the tables. The bride was one of Dorothy's sister's granddaughters.

No comments:

Post a Comment