Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Hugo, the Beer Dog

We got this old dog (he's been around here for over ten years) that we call Hugo. This all started when we noticed no matter where you go he's there, so we kinda turned "you go" into Hugo. Poetic license, doncha know? Hugo is real bad to bring things into our yard, like other people's papers. He has a particular fondness for beer cans. We have never seen a soft drink can, only beer. Neither me nor Dorothy drink beer, at least not on a regular basis. I have one now and then but never keep any at home. Dorothy has never, that I know of, even tasted beer. The only thing she likes in the alcohol family is a white wine now and then. But Hugo likes beer. We don't know exactly where the beer cans come from but I am always amazed at the variety of beer, both foreign and domestic, that he comes across. The other day I was clearing brush down by the lake and found a stash of cans along with the remains of a dead possum. We figured Hugo threw a party for some of his buddies. I have always thought of him as a very popular creature among his fellow canines and this discovery did nothing to change my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment