Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Friday, April 5, 2013

Goat Farm

Like I was saying, Dorothy and I went to the Carl Sandburg House on our way to this wedding. The thing I was most interested in was the goat farm. Mrs. Sandburg was well known for her high quality goat's milk. I think they said there were three kinds of goats she raised. Everything was clean and tidy and I made up my mind to get me a goat or two when we get back to Harper. I got the area in mind where I want to build the barn and the pasture land is right ready for grazing. Might get a sheep or two for the shear pleasure of it. I already got a name picked out for my first boy goat. I plan to call him Mutton Jeff. I don't figure too many of y'all (especially the young ones) will catch on to that one but I put it down anyhow.

No comments:

Post a Comment