Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Friday, December 5, 2014

Arrival in Atlanta (from Jan 2011)


We finally pulled in to Atlanta. I found out later that the railroad gives way to freight trains and passengers have to just wait till the freight is gone past. I had to climb a big stairway what come out in a pretty small station. I was surprised it wasn't big like the big city ones in movies. Hollis was waiting there and took me out of the station and right on to Peachtree Road. There was cars going ever which way. We went across this side street to  Hollis' car. It's kind of a sport car but I fit in pretty good. Hollis drove me all the way up Peachtree past all these tall buildings into what they call Buckhead. People was everywhere. We turned and headed west past the governor's house and then headed north across this river. My cousin's house is right across the river. I asked Hollis how he knew how to get around so good. He said because he had did it so much. The cousins was glad to see us and had some food ready for us. They had chili and a salad. They was both good. Hollis said that his girl was already in London and tomorrow he would give me a little trip around Atlanta. I reckon that was good, I didn't have nothing else to do.

Tomorrow: Atlanta Tour


No comments:

Post a Comment