Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Saturday, December 6, 2014

Two Posts from 2011


SATURDAY, JANUARY 8, 2011


Atlanta Tour

Like I said me and Hollis is in Atlanta. I got a lot to say about what I seen today, but I ain't gonna do it now. If you ain't heard they tell us we is in for a big snow/ice storm here. I ain't looking forward to it but it's coming anyway. We has a lot to do to get ready and I am trying to be of help. Tomorrow when things is more settled I will have a lot more to tell you.



More About My Visit to Atlanta

You'd think they was expecting a hurricane the way they running around getting ready for this snow and ice storm. Me and Hollis went to the grocery store for our cousins this morning. I ain't never seen so many peoples. They was everywhere. They must have had a hundred peoples working at this big store because they was restocking almost every aisle. We took the groceries back to their house and Hollis suggested we drive down to the Little White House to kinda get out of their way. I'm glad we did. The Little White House ain't much bigger than my fishing cabin. It's pretty cozy but I was surprised that the president lived in such a small place when he come to Georgia. Y'all probably know Roosevelt come to Warm Springs, Georgia because it was good treatment for his polio. When he was coming here nobody much had any idea he had polio. Of course that was before he was president, but even after that no reporters used pictures of him in a wheel chair or with crutches or nothing. Today they takes a close up of a pimple on the president's nose. All in all it was a great day in Georgia. Now we is back in Atlanta just waiting to see how bad the storm is gonna get.


No comments:

Post a Comment