Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Friday, December 12, 2014

Atlanta Airport (from Jan 2011)


We on our way. Our cousin took us to a MARTA station called the Art Center Station. We got out with all our suitcases (we both had a little one and a big one) and made our way into the station. It was just like something you see in the movies or on TV. They was running a weekend schedule because of all the bad weather (a lot of peoples couldn't get to work) so we had to wait a while for a train. Then we had to stand up. I done pretty good. We was all underground and one of the stations looked like they had chipped it right out of solid rock. Right after the main downtown station we come up out of the ground and the rest of the trip was outside. I seen the airport way before we got there and whoo whee it was big. 

We got off the train and went right into the airport. It was built that way so you didn't have to walk outside or across any roads or nothing. We had to go through a inspection where we was made to take off our shoes and empty our pockets in to this little basket on a moving line. We got 'em all back though. I was beginning to be real sorry I gave in and decided to go on this trip. Now we is sitting here waiting for our plane to load. Hollis is typing away and I'm telling him a few more things like: when we gonna get there? (at 7 am their time) and will I be able to sleep on the plane? (Hollis says he is and I can too if I want to.) Y'all know I flew once on the way back from Korea, but that was different. I was a soldier then. Now I'm just a old man from Harper, Mississippi.
And I'm pretty nervous don't you know.

Tomorrow: We Arrive in England (I hope)


No comments:

Post a Comment