Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

A Hail of a Night

Harper County had a hail storm last night. The TV said it was golf ball size hail, but we had one stone I brought in and put in the freezer that was twice that big. Luckily, we had both cars in the garage because an old truck I had parked down by the barn had a windshield that was broken out. I don't mean cracked, I mean broken out. Today, Amos Sniffer, from down the road, is going to climb up on the roof to see if there is any damage. I used to do that kind of inspection myself, but Dorothy told me not to even think about it. Nobody was hurt and I haven't heard of any animals getting killed. However, Billy Groatman told me this morning down at the cafe that one of his hunting dogs lost a piece of his ear to the hail. It wasn't a fun time during the hailing. Sounded like machine gun fire as those big ice balls came crashing on our roof. Now I have to listen to all the hail jokes going around. You know substituting the word hail for the word hell, like in the title of this post. I'm sure you have all heard the hail/hell jokes before. If you haven't, the hail with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment