Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Some Things Just Ain't Right

Harlow Booney came in the barbershop yesterday all upset. He had been listening to his radio (he says he'll get a television when they get perfected.) He was stomping around using a few highly inflamed words and denouncing the news he was hearing from Rome.

 He said, "Now I want y'all to understand, I ain't got nothing against Catholics. My brother married one. Y'all all know Harvon what lives down in Baton Rogue. He married Mary Maggie, a fine woman what can cook as good as your mamma. I swear her crawfish etouffee are as good as any you'll find in New Orleans. Well anyway, I just heard something on the radio what has me real upset. Did y'all know them Catholics won't let anybody vote for pope except Cardinals. Now is that fair? I know they got a good team. They won the World Series for heaven sake. But what about the Braves? Don't they have no say so."
Happy Barnway, my barber, was just getting ready to explain when I tapped him on the arm and gave him an eye signal to let him know it wouldn't be a good way to approach Harlow. I have learned over the years it's better to let him figure things out on his own. Goodness knows, he's had enough experience in that procedure. So, I brought up a big smile on my face and asked Harlow to tell us more about those crawfish.

No comments:

Post a Comment