Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Sunday, March 10, 2013

My Favorite Wife

Last night me and Dorothy watched an old movie titled My Favorite Wife. It was labeled as a screwball comedy. In real life marriage is anything but a comedy. It is real serious business. This movie got me to thinking about my wives (I've had four), two good and two not so good. My second wife was a good person but she was cold and unyielding. She had rules, too many rules. I married her, really, for someone to help take care of my three children whose mother had died and left them solely in my care. She was the one that was hit by a streetcar in New Orleans and died. I was sad, of course, but I really was never in love with her. My third wife Trixie ran off with a tent preacher. I think that's enough said about her. Bethel, my first wife, was my one true love in the sense that love is passionate and felt deep in the heart. I have never forgotten her. Dorothy, my present wife, is a lovely person. She is dedicated to my wellbeing and I love her. I can't say she is my favorite wife, but I won't put her in second place to Bethel. I think my first favorite wife looks down from above and is so happy that Dorothy came along for me. Yes, I have two favorite wives. So, there.

No comments:

Post a Comment