Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Monday, February 3, 2014

Defeat

The Superbowl is over. I won't say it was the worse Superbowl of all time but I will say it was the least exciting. The reason it wasn't the worse was because for approximately half the fans it was a good game; the rest, not so much. One thing I thought was good was how the losing team did not blame anyone for the loss. In fact, I heard a lot of praise for the other teams defense.
Saturday, I attended a memorial service for a friend who lost a health battle far too early in life. During the eulogies I learned several things about this man that I did not know. He was a modest man and lived his life without the need to proclaim any deed as extraordinary.
For the losing team in the big game, life is not over. They will have next season and hopefully many seasons to come. For my friend, he will remain in the minds and hearts of many who loved him. Every time someone thinks of him he lives.



Tales of Harper, short stories and poems about the fictional town of Harper, Mississippi is available on Amazon Kindle
Coming soon: More Tales of Harper (an ebook on Amazon)



No comments:

Post a Comment