Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Fads

When I was a young fellow back in the fifties, pink and black clothes was all the rage (hope I chose the right verb). I resisted for a long time then finally broke down and bought a full outfit: sport coat, slacks, shirt, and tie. I found a pair of white buck loafers to set off my uniform. Within a few weeks pink and black was history. Over the years I have seen lots of things come and go. Everything from hula  hoops to diets to exercise routines. Fortunately most of these things came and went without costing a lot of money or causing a lot of pain or trouble. While watching the Super Bowl it occurred to me that tattooing of the body may be a fad. Back year ago about the only people who got their body colored up were sailors and quite a number of them did it while under the influence of alcohol. Today's young folks better hope this is not just a fad. To reverse their decision to decorate their bodes there will be money and pain involved.



Tales of Harper, short stories and poems about the fictional town of Harper, Mississippi is available on Amazon Kindle
Coming soon: More Tales of Harper (an ebook on Amazon)

No comments:

Post a Comment