Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Saturday, October 11, 2014

A Call from Jack (from Nov 2010)


Jack called today. He talked to Hollis and told him he's coming back to Harper for a visit. He plans to stay a week. All you people in Harper County, lock up your wives and daughters. You know pretty boy, he's the one I told you about who got two girls in trouble at the same time. You know, the one who's been cursed with good looks. Well, he's been out west in Oregon or Alaska or somewhere being a engineer. The kind that works with electricity. I heard he invented some kind of laser lamp or something. 

He don't call home and I ain't sure I'm glad he's coming or not. I mean it'd be good to see him, but I just get bad feelings about what he's about to do or what I'm gonna find out he's already done. No telling. He's due in next week. Oh, my. Oh, my. Hollis says not to worry. Everything's gonna be alright. I hope so cause I don't want Bethel, my one true love, to be turning over in her grave.

Tomorrow: Oil



No comments:

Post a Comment