Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Saturday, October 25, 2014

Willie's Other Four Children (from Nov 2010)


Willie and Gladys have worked hard to rear their eight kids. Willie was with the railroad, a car knocker. I don't reckon he missed one day of work in all the years he worked there. And Gladys was a nurse, a LPN, and she was real good about always being there.

Lester is the child that I think is the smartest. In fact he is smarter than most anybody I know. He went to Jackson State and then got a job with the highway department. He figures out where roads is going to be built.

June flies for Highsky Airways. She is a flight attendant (that's what Hollis says they called now) and she's been flying out of New Orleans for years. She's the only one that ain't got married, but they's some pilot that's always coming to Harper to see her.

Delores is a music teacher in the schools. Her choirs are real good. They been on nationwide tours.

And Charles. He's the one that's a lawyer. I can say a lot of real good things about Willie's kids and if I put my mind to it, I could probably find something good to say about Charles. Well he's got a wonderful mother and father. How about that?

They got so many grandchildren and great grandchildren, I ain't going to try to tell all about them.

Jack will be here tomorrow. Heaven help us.



Tomorrow: Jack and his Surprise

No comments:

Post a Comment