Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Getting Ready for Jack (from Nov 2010)


You know I ain't seen my boy, Jack in over thirty years. Like I said it's kinda painful for him to come, but I really do want to see him. He told my great nephew, Hollis, he was bringing a surprise. Now that may be a good thing, but I have my doubts. I told y'all all the stuff he was into when he was in school back here. 

Hollis said Jack helped invent that little do-ma-hitchie that they run your groceries over and it adds up your cost. They don't have that in the Neighborhood Pantry, our local grocery store, but they have 'em down at DealMart in the next county. Hollis said that when they first got 'em in down there a rich looking lady accidentally ran her diamond ring over the glass and it added $25,000.00 on the bill. He was just funning of course, but for a minute I thought it wouldn't be out of the way for Jack to build something like that into his machine.

Well, I got to get ready for Jack and his surprise and I also got to get ready for  daughter Doreen and whatever nonsense she's gonna bring over. I wish my oldest, Bill, was coming too, but that ain't gonna happen.

Tomorrow: Planning Food



No comments:

Post a Comment