Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The Bloody Spot

Willie and me got up as close as we could without getting sent back to our car. That's one of the things I liked about Willie. He warn't scared of much of nothing. Dead bodies, sheriffs, silent deputies. Willie was pointing toward the stretcher and grabbing my arm to get my attention. That's when I seen the bloody spot coming the sheet right where the heart would be.  Me and Willie talked it over and wisdom told us it warn't no accident that could cause a wound right in that spot. So we figured: the doctor's house, a man's shoe (polished) and the bloody spot right over the heart. It had to be murder.
After a while we seen the sheriff coming through the door. He was holding somebody by their arm.
It was the doctor's wife.
Tomorrow: Trial Moved to Jackson

Hollis' funny names:
Fonda Guise likes boys
Claude Ball used to have a cat

No comments:

Post a Comment