Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Pursued by the Churches

Hollis has something to do tonight so the post will be early today.
Back when we first hit oil, Henrietta Dolittle come up to me on the street and said didn't all that noise the oil well made wake me up at night. I said it sure did. About 2 AM every night it woke me up, but I just smiled and turned over and went back to sleep. You know having all that oil money ain't made much difference in my life. I thought for a while some, well almost all, of the churches in the county was after me for my money. But I started giving to all of them anyway and they still was after me. I guess they ain't chasing my money. They chasing my soul. A while back I told you how painful it was to sit in the churches where my Bethel and Mary Kate used to sit beside me. And I ain't got no desire to go to them revivals where Trixie was lured off by one of them tent preachers. So for right now I'll continue to take King James down beside the lake every Sunday morning and feel the Glory of the Lord there. Might not be right, but that's where I am right now.
Tomorrow: Getting Ready for Jack

Hollis' funny names:
Mae Bloom never did
Warren Peace is bi-polar

No comments:

Post a Comment