Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Monday, November 29, 2010

Me and Lou Ann Have a Chat

Me and Lou Ann talked but not in the boat. She ain't too good with water. We was sitting on the porch of the big house on the lake side. The porch runs all the way around the house, but the lake side is fixed up with a swing and rocking chairs. We was rocking away and talking a bunch. She told me what a good husband Jack had been. He was kind and considerate and was always telling her how much he loved her. Now, I never would have guessed it. She said she had for years tried to get him to call me or to come for a visit, but he was too ashamed for how he did when he was young. I asked her if she thought he was afraid if he did hurry up and come over I might be dead before he did. And she said she didn't want to say it, but she was sure that was a big reason. Lou Ann told me all their children was good and working hard to raise their families. She showed me pictures and I swear there's something real pretty about that Chinese/English/German/French mixture. They was all beautiful. I hope one day they will all come to Harper to see me.
Tomorrow: Jack and His Family Leave

Hollis' funny name of the day:
U. Wall is from the South

No comments:

Post a Comment