Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Thursday, November 25, 2010

More About Bill

Jack probably said more'n he meant to, but he pretty much bad-mouthed Bill. Said he was selfish, stuck-up,
and a bad sport. Last time they met Bill bragged about how much money he was making and dropped the name of a whole bunch of movie stars. The only one I knew much about was Ben Johnson. Jack told me Ben died a few years ago. I didn't know that. He was real good in westerns. Bill told Jack that he was in the wrong business and that he's never make any real money in Silly Comb Valley. I asked Jack if he was happy doing what he was doing and kinda made him talk about his inventions. He worked on that grocery scanner thing and did some work on lasers for different kinds of medical stuff. He said when Doreen come over for Thanksgiving, she had a surprise that had to do with his work. I probably forgot to mention Doreen was coming over, but she is.
Tomorrow: Thanksgiving Dinner With My Family and More

Hollis' funny names:
Falinda Blank is unfulfilled
Ali Goverone is independent (I made this up last year and it took me a while to remember what it was)

1 comment:

  1. Knew a Doreen once. Doreen Hammer. She was a nice young woman. Course, that was fifty years ago, so she's probably aged some since then.

    Andy
    Notso Flat, California

    ReplyDelete