Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Finishing Touches

Getting the big house ready has been a big job. Hollis let me know that Jack said they would need six beds.
Good Lord, I said, what all kinda people they bringing with 'em? Cause you see last I seen Jack they was just one of him. Now looks like he done branched out some. Dorothy is gonna take care of little things like putting flowers in all the rooms. We is having fall here now and can leave the windows open. Ain't nobody gonna come in and bother nothing. Ain't much to bother. We gonna go to DealMart and buy one of them wide screen television sets and get the satellite dish hooked up again. I use a aerial myself cause I can pick up the Jackson channel that shows Oprah. That's about all I watch. Sometime this preacher from Texas, but not much else. Except baseball and football. And ever now and then Bill O'Riley and Greta What's-her-name, but not much else. Except Al, that morning weatherman. We got this old cat, Sampson, been hanging around the big house for years. He manages to get by real good without our help. Hollis wrote a little story about Sampson when he watched him catch a mouse one day. I'm gonna let him tell that for a while.
Tomorrow: Samson the Cat

Hollis' funny names:
Kumquat May is mellow
Lisa Karr gets a new vehicle every year

No comments:

Post a Comment