Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Friday, November 12, 2010

Planning Food

Figuring out what to have to eat is gonna be a problem. You see, Jack has been living out in California for a long time and I think they eat a lot different than we do down here. Maybe he wants some of the old stuff because he is coming back home after all. But maybe not. Now, Dorothy, my good friend, down at the cafe can cook most anything, but she might not even know the names of some of the things they eat out there. At least that's what Hollis thinks. Hollis is gonna do what he calls research. He told me last night where it is Jack's been working. Silly Comb Valley. They do all kind of computer stuff out there and from what I've read a lot of things that just ain't good sense. Jack'll be home in just two weeks so we are getting the big house ready. It's just been sitting there since I moved to the lake. I do go by once a week and flush all the toilets, eight of 'em, and run water in all the drains. Swamp gas, you know. At least that's what I call it.
Tomorrow: Opening Up the Big House

Hollis' funny names:
Barney Ard is a farmer
Noah Count is a loser

No comments:

Post a Comment