Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Friday, September 14, 2012

County Fair

Me and Dorothy went down to see the county fair last week. We just walked around and looked at things. They had a few exhibits and one of 'em kinda upset me a little bit. It were the animal part where young'ens could bring in calves, sheeps, poultry and others from their farms. What made me a little fumey were how they labeled them animals. Somebody got the bright idea of calling the males boys and the females girls. Now I reckon that's right to some degree, but I really don't think it's very teaching to have our young peoples calling them boy-chickens and girl-chickens. But I got over it. Back when me and Dorothy was young we both rode all the rides they had available. We never rode together since Dorothy are younger than me, but we rode 'em separate in our own time. Now, all we was willing to go up in were the ferris wheel. And that were a little too exciting for Dorothy. She had me signal the man what held the stop and go lever and get him to stop and let us off after only two rounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment