Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Football in the South

Cletus Wilbanks come over to watch football with me on my big wide screen TV what Hollis talked me in to getting. Dorothy made some good barbecue and of course had a selection of snacks and stuff for us to get fat on. The team we was pulling for got way ahead so me and Cletus commenced to talk about all kind of things. One of the things we was discussing were about why football are such a big deal in the south. They almost always fill up these big stadiums and they have celebrations before the game with what they calls tail gate parties outside the stadium. And after the game they has parties at the houses of peoples what they know. Well, me and Cletus was giving our ideas about just why football are so big. I said it were pastures. Years ago we had a lot of pastures what give peoples plenty of room to get out and run. It warn't too long till they was trying to add a game to the running and football were just the thing. Cletus said that may be right but he believed it were the cheerleaders what made it so good. I reckon he may be right.

No comments:

Post a Comment