Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Friday, September 21, 2012

Learning at the Liberry

My job at the liberry are going pretty good. I'm learning stuff real fast. Like yesterday a woman come in and asked me where she could find a book wrote by somebody name of Evelyn Waugh. I told her her books was listed under the "W's" on the far back shelf. The woman laughed and said Evelyn warn't no woman; she, I mean he, were a man. I thought about that a lot since, about how hard it would be to go around with a woman's name if you was a man. I mean if my folks had named me Mildred or Grace, I don't know what would have become of me. And about a hour later a man come in and asked me if we had a book called A Separate Piece. I figured he were looking for a ponygraphical book and I told him we didn't carry no books like that. Myrtle Picket, the head liberry person, come up and taken over. She went right to the shelves and come back with the book. She showed me it warn't A Separate Piece a'tall   but was named A Separate Peace. Like I says I'm learning a lot down at the liberry.


No comments:

Post a Comment