Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

La Boheme

Y'all probably remember me telling y'all I am a big opera fan. Peoples around here find that hard to believe for some reason. I reckon they thinks only peoples what has been well educated and lives a high live style likes opera music. Like I said earlier, my daddy had opera records what he played when I was growing up. He took up listening while he were living with this Italian family in New Orleans. One of my favorite operas are called La Boheme. It's about this Paris man and woman what falls in love, but has a hard time getting along. They break up and get back together all the time. When they finally gets back together, at the end, it turns out she have come down with TB and is at death's door. She dies. We got a couple right here in Harper what is like these two opera peoples. They is constantly leaving one another and coming back together. But there are two differences: she don't have TB and, as far as I know, there ain't no singing.

No comments:

Post a Comment