Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Monday, January 20, 2014

Afternoon Coffee

One of the great pleasures of life, to me, is an afternoon cup of coffee. Most days I have this at home but now and then I go down to the cafe and enjoy my beverage with a bunch of guys that meet there for a late day lift. Today, there were eight of us sitting around sipping from our mugs. The cafe keeps a mug for each person who sees fit to leave one there. Several schools and a couple of cities are advertised on these cups. Mine says simply HLM, my initials. It is a cup one of my grandkids made for me when she was in a pottery class. It ain't much for drinking (a little bid drips off with each sip) yet I can't imagine not using it. Unless she saw sit to make me another one that would not leak. This is not a hint, but I wouldn't care if it was taken that way.
This afternoon on TV there was an item about people not sleeping as good when they consumed late day caffeine. Some people (including me) are not aware of this without getting all hooked up to computers to study the quality and quantity of their rest. I'll just keep drinking my coffee and forego being wired up to benefit somebody else's study.



Tales of Harper, short stories and poems about the fictional town of Harper, Mississippi is available on Amazon Kindle
Coming soon: More Tales of Harper (an ebook on Amazon)

No comments:

Post a Comment